Peplum Party :: Faux Leather Peplum Jacket & Pink Peplum Skirt

Thursday, November 27, 2014 Simone - Your Style Architect 15 Comments

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Over here in Asia, we don't usually celebrate Thanksgiving as much unless you are an American or have enough American friends to throw a party for. However I believe we all should be celebrating Thanksgiving, to give thanks for all the good things we have received throughout the year.


As the festive season is round the corner, thought I would inspire you with this outfit. Bought this skirt from ASOS sometime back but didn't get a chance to wear it as it is still quite a party type kind of skirt ( not one you can wear out that often) unless it's been paired with something more casual on the top like a crop top or for a more elegant dinner event etc.


Paired the skirt with another great ASOS buy - a River Island faux leather embossed peplum jacket. I love that it's kind of light and yet warm enough for those cooler evenings outdoors. A great jacket to mix and match with.


If you are wondering why this colour combination? Well actually there was a PIN on instagram few weeks back which I wanted to spin  but did a twist on it again by mix and matching the colours on the PIN with this outfit, hence I had to work with this color palette. But it worked out great don't you think?



So for the festive season, I paired the outfit with my old Glitter Clutch and Rockstud Heels to glam up the look.




Top : old ( similar here) // Jacket : ASOS ( similar here) // Skirt : ASOS ( similar here)
Clutch : old ( similar here) // Necklace : sammydress.com ( similar here
Heels : Valentino ( similar here)

If you haven't already seen my first video haul on Youtube, please do go check it out ( link here) where you may consider getting a few stuff for your year end party looks. And I hope you will help to subscribe to my Youtube Channel.

Love,
Simone xoxo
Get this look for $104+ on Lookastic: Pink Peplum Skirt, Gold Clutch, Green Peplum Top, and Black Leather Heeled Sandals

You Might Also Like

15 comments:

  1. Those Valentino heels are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mai Tran. And may I add they are extremely comfortable.

      Delete
  2. I am inlove with that jacket! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I tried searching online for a link to the exact item on ASOS ( Where I got it from) and Polyvore but apparently it's sold out. It's really a great jacket to have.

      Delete
  3. gorgeous, perfect dead on. I wish i could wear this but im just too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney. I had seen it on other bloggers who are shorter than myself ( I am 5ft 5") and I believe what they did was hem up the peplum to half it's original length and it still looks " cha cha" good! Something to consider.

      Delete
  4. Totally love the outfit! And the Valentino heels, oh my goodness! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous jacket! Very chic and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like it! Especially the jacket!

    ReplyDelete