Let's Do The Twist :: Layered Fringe Skirt + Socks In Shoes

Sunday, April 26, 2015 Simone - Your Style Architect 3 Comments

Happy Sunday everyone!

Fringe and tassels are starting to pop up in many retail outlets and stores especially being one of the key trends to look out for this Spring / Summer 2015. Therefore when I was approached by a Korean TV show recently to provide a short video of " How To Style...", I decided to work on this fringe skirt ( recycled, may I add from few years back - check out this post!) and give a new "twist" ( no pun intended) to this item.







Coincidentally whilst putting this look together, I discovered I had matching socks to the top I wanted to pair the skirt with. So seeing it's for the Korean crowd as well and adding a fun element to this outfit - I had to do another " socks in shoes" ensemble!

For your info, all items in this look are items already in my wardrobe for at least 6 months, so my point about mix and matching old stuff to create a new look stands strong and firm. And trends tend to come back in full circle. 







Wanted to bring out the fun element of the outfit with funky accessories.









With all that twisting going on, I figured, using this belt back to front would be a cute statement, and highlighting the outfit from the back. You will see from my other posts that I have styled this belt the other way around. 

I know many of you are longing to see what kind of styles you can work with for this Fringe/ Tassel trends, so I have put together some inspirational boards and items trending this style for you to work with.








Proenza Schouler
Olivia Palermo styling Fringe Trend

1.Marni // 2. Milly Crossbody // 3. Gucci // 4. Miu Miu // 5. Valentino
6. Vince Camuto //7. Coach // 8. Rebecca Minkoff



1. Chloe // 2. La Paire // 3. Sam Edelman // 4. Sam Edelman // 5. Manolo Blahnik
6. FitFlop // 7. Loeffler Randall // 8. Steve Madden

Denim Jacket : H&M 
Top : old ( similar here)
Belt : WAREHOUSE ( similar here)
Skirt : old ( similar here)
Bag : CELINE
Socks : Cotton On
Shoes : Choies.com ( similar here)
Necklace : (similar here) // Cuff Bracelet : Forever 21 ( similar here)

Enjoy trending Fringe and Tassels and do look out for my next post on Summer Goodies to Delight # 2, where I will be styling the items I have recently received from Dresslink.com

Love,
Simone xoxo

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. Wow! love what you did with those lace up heels pairing them with those printed socks!

    www.helloviellobits.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a colourful and lovely outfit. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your warrior heels! Looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete