Cape Town :: Burgundy Cape + Hat

Saturday, February 06, 2016 Simone - Your Style Architect 9 Comments

"Hello from the outside" .... ( ha ha... sorry I just couldn't help it! Just been hearing that Adele song over and over again on most radio stations.)

With just 2 days to go before the Lunar New Year holidays, here is a look one can style for those colder days out visiting friends and family for the celebrations.

As always, Red is the auspicious colour of the new year, but try deviating a little and go for a richer Burgundy tone to your outfit. Always wanted to style capes, so this was a perfect item I found recently and matched it with a nice Burgundy hat to add that finishing touch.


As forecasted here in Hong Kong, it will be a pretty cold 10 degrees for the start of the New Year. My hands are always the first to get real cold and so good old leather gloves came out of the wardrobe to add to the final touches of this outfit. Can you believe it I had these gloves for a good 17 - 17 years now. Amazing and they still are in such good condition.

If you haven't noticed, I do not particularly like looking directly into the camera for most of my blog post but this time it was more unintentional than intentional. There was loud rustling coming from the trees and from higher ground. Hence I was literally searching for the souce of those sounds whilst the camera clicked away. Guess what I found?


Yes... MONKEYS!!! A good omen perhaps? They are probably out hunting for food in this cold weather and was jumping from branches to branches. Coincidentally 2016 is the Year of the Monkey so I hope my rare spotting of these monkeys will bring me good luck!



Having styled this first cape outfit of mine - am loving the way this clothing item falls and the look it creates. If you haven't tried " caping" this would be the best time to trend them. Layering seems to be the best way to deal with the cold weather.


Here are my wishlist for different cape styles for this Winter. " Getting The Look For Less" I decided to head back to my favourite online store - Shein.com to showcase some of their lovely and most affordable capes which you can add to your wardrobe.

These capes are going from 30 - 60% off with prices starting US$ 25 and with 24 hrs shipping this is such a perfect deal!

Camel Removable Fur Hooded Double Breasted Cape  ( US$68.67)

Black Hooded Loose Cape ( US$25.92)

Grey Notch Lapel Cape Coat ( US$ 29.99)

Navy Hooded Double Breasted Pockets Cape ( US$33.48)


Khaki Round Neck Loose Woollen Cape ( US$ 27.90)
Wishing all of you a Happy & Prosperous Year of the Monkey and may you achieve all your dreams and goals this year!


Turtleneck : H&M
Cape : H&M
Leggings : Uniqlo
Brooch : Chanel // Gloves : old ( similar here)
Boots : Stuart Weitzman
Hat : Maple
Love,
Simone xoxo
Women's on Lookastic:

You Might Also Like

9 comments:

  1. you look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the outfit you look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these capes you shared. They are so in this year. The hat looks great on you also. Thank you so much for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love those boots!!! I need to get me a pair. Every time I see one like that I want them and I think I just have to go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness Cassandra. Like you I was worried that it'll be a style I can't carry off. That it'll be cumbersome always bunching up at the knees or falling down slowly with each step to bunch at the ankles but to the contrary with the right fit, these boots are SOOOO comfortable and easy to get on and off even without side zippers. U seriously need to go crazy and get one for yourself before Winter ends!

      Delete
  6. The boots are fabulous. They cap is cute but not something I could ever pull off.

    ReplyDelete