Hot Ribs :: Ribbed Knit Midi Dress + Olive Trench Vest

Monday, March 07, 2016 Simone - Your Style Architect 6 Comments

Happy Monday to all,

How did your week go? Mine was pretty smooth except for the fact that the husband was away but he is back, safe and sound! That's the most important thing isn't it? Was busy over the weekend to celebrate my son's birthday as well hence the slight delay in this post on a Monday, instead of the weekend.

Nice warmer weather too here in Hong Kong ( soon to change again) and so a jersey dress was pretty warm enough and styled it with a long vest for added coverage when it gets a little chilly towards the evening. You can see from the pictures that I was struggling hard with the wind directions - and my hair blowing all over the place but that's the fun part of taking shots with some movement at least. Keeps it real.



Pulled out an old favourite - my Celine inspired mini satchel. Looks cute with the outfit and added that little depth to the whole earthy toned outfit.



For those of you concerned with the body hugging feature of jersey dresses - this tip of styling it with a vest would certainly give you some " security" in terms of hiding those slightly bulging mid-waist sections.



I am not a model - just your regular girl next door, working mom and like many of you, with little time for exercise and gym workouts trying to balance family life, work and a hobby. So as you can see from my pictures, these are styles of dressing I put together to inspire regular ladies in their 30s - 50s where we share those common issues with our body changes after motherhood and with creeping age.




I love my accessories and so this statement necklace which was a Christmas gift ( thanks Lauren!) came in so handy for pairing to this look. Kept my arm candy a little simple this time with my favourite MK watch.




Have a great weekend ahead and do stay tune for my next collaboration where I will have Easter Bag Topper Printables ready for your Easter Candy Giveaways, FREE!

Dress : H&M 
Vest : Bershka 
Boots : Millies 
Bag : Celine inspired 
Jewelry & Watch : Cartier // Emporium ( from Thailand) // Michael Kors
Necklace : Topshop 

Love,
Simone xoxo

Women's Olive Vest, Grey Knit Sweater Dress, Tan Leather Knee High Boots, Black Suede Satchel Bag on Lookastic: Olive Vest, Grey Knit Sweater Dress, Tan Leather Knee High Boots, Black Suede Satchel Bag

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute and classy outfit, love it! :) I really like comfy dresses like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look mighty cute in this! I love the boots as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute outfit,this is my grand-daughters style-she has some real oretty clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress looks very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete